Top 10 Benefits of Pilates Reformer Machines
Reformers are spring-loaded machines that provide resistance to pull and push against for a full-body workout. You’ll work more muscle fibers when you use a reformer than doing the same exercise without one, all while having FUN! You’ll feel better, move better and look better.
Your balance will improve dramatically from standing on the machines as you stabilize one foot on a platform while moving the carriage back and forward with the other foot.
10 Benefits and Results from Reformer Pilates Machines
- Feel more energy as you strengthen, lengthen and tone your entire body
- Create sleek muscle definition in your arms, back, legs, abs, and booty
- Improve total body strength and flexibility
- Feel more confident with improved posture and body awareness
- Less tension in your body as you learn to move tension-free in your workouts, which carries over into daily activities as well
- Move with ease and grace as your improved balance and coordination
- Breathe deeper as you access more lung capacity
- Rehab old injuries and prevent new ones
- Get the results you want from a workout that’s intense on the body, not on the joints and spine
- Balance muscular strength from the back of your body to the front while creating more symmetry from your right to left
You’ll Get Better Results From Your Workouts with Pilates Reformers
Working out 3-4 times a week on a reformer will change the way you look, feel and move. These spring-loaded machines help to increase the effectiveness of Pilates.
People who practice reformer Pilates workouts regularly get better total body results and greater strength gains from their workouts than those who do mat Pilates or traditional strength training alone.
Students learn to control the reformer Pilates machine with their bodies, improving balancing and coordination. You get it all done in every session – Strengthen, lengthen, and tone.
The reformer machine has spring loads set throughout the workout to make it heavier or lighter.
The reformer gives you just the right amount of resistance to pull and push against to make any exercise more challenging.
An experienced, certified Pilates Instructor can teach you how to move tension-free in your workouts using breathing techniques, and mental focus. Skilled instructors will coach you on form and technique so you get more out of your workouts than you would on your own.
Reformer Pilates is a popular exercise method that has been proven to help improve strength and flexibility. You can change the way you look, feel and move with regular workouts.
How Often Should You Do Reformer Pilates Workouts?
- You’ll get good results with 2 sessions per week
- You’ll get great results with 3 sessions per week.
- If you want the fastest, most dramatic results, commit to 3-5 weekly reformer workouts.
Reformer Pilates is great for people of all ages and fitness levels who are dedicated to fitness and injury prevention. Pilates is an exercise method you can do for your entire life. It’s intense on the muscles, not on your joints or spine.
While some prefer to work one-on-one with a Pilates Instructor, there are more who like to be in a group reformer class. There are many benefits of private Pilates sessions. There are also many benefits of group reformer Pilates classes.
Core10 Pilates is an excellent example of worldwide Pilates studios specializing in group reformer classes. Beginners start in Essentials classes to learn the fundamentals while getting more detailed cues to learn basic moves, breathing techniques, and focus on form.
When students are ready to progress to the next level, they transition into Full Body classes, where transitions are faster than in Essentials. Skilled Pilates Instructors coach students to the next level with more challenging moves.
Check out your local Pilates studios and try a few sessions. Take advantage of any new student special offers and experience the difference between Pilates studios in your area. There are different types of Pilates studios. Know your goals and find a studio that focuses on the same things you are looking for.