frequently asked questions
I’M NEW – What should I do? Which class should I take?
Everyone starts as a rookie at Core10! Welcome to being the newest!
We recommend you take Essentials when you’re new.
The best way to really get a feel for the Core10 method is to take a class or schedule a private session. Tap HERE to see our intro Specials.
Download the Core10 Pilates app for easiest scheduling using one of these links.
→ Or book through the Website‘s Schedule page
Click this link to take a virtual tour of Core10
MY FIRST CLASS
Which is best for you?
- Essentials Class is great for anyone new or newish, especially if you’ve never been on a reformer before, or if you have past or current joint or spinal issues that you’ll need modifications for. We teach the base moves in this class, and how to modify them.
- Full Body is the class for you if you catch on to new fitness classes faster than most, or have done a high-intensity, athletic Pilates class similar to Core10. We teach the base moves in this class and show how to increase or decrease the intensity. It’s truly an all-levels class!
WHAT’S MAKES CORE10 DIFFERENT?
- The Intensity is what makes Core10 so different!
- The Core10 Community is an essential part of the difference. The people are authentically warm and welcoming. Many are former athletes from high school, college and some are currently athletic in their adults lives. They’ve been through high-intensity workouts (often that left them with injuries) and while they value the results that come from intense workouts, they don’t want the impact on their joints and spine. That’s where the Core10 method comes in. Most people stick around year after year at Core10 because the results are so worth the effort. And the community is awesome.
- Our Training Team is Outstanding. Exceptional. Passionate. And they connect with our members in every class. They each come to know you, connect with you and inspire you. Our trainers go through monthly training in preparation to teach the next month’s predesigned routines as a team, and yet they bring their own voice to every class.
- The Workouts are core-focused, full body and are specifically designed to help you be stronger, fitter and more flexible than ever. Workouts are designed in a way that allows you to have a huge variety, yet enough practice of them so that you master them each month.
- Fast Results! You’ll see a difference in 10 sessions. You’ll get a challenging, fat-burning workout every time.
- If you have fitness goals and are willing to work hard, then we will expertly coach and inspire you through this amazing workout. Tap HERE to see a class in action and to read about the group mojo and more.
ADVANTAGES OF CORE10
- Core10 Takes The Complication Out Of The Workout making every class more athletic and doable for all levels, no matter your experience. Essentials is a slower-paced class with more detailed instruction and is perfect for new people and anyone who prefers this pace regularly. Our signature Full Body classes are designed for all levels. Cues are given to make it more or less challenging.
- High-Intensity. One of the main advantages of Core10 is the intensity of the workout. Expect to burn 300-600 calories per workout. Classes are designed to get your heart pumping in a way that traditional Pilates can’t, increasing your metabolism for hours after the workout to burn even more fat.
- Variety of Equipment – Large Reformers, Towers, Barrels, Exo Chairs, and Jumpboards. Core10‘s Allegro 2 machines are longer and wider than traditional reformers so they fit tall people easily. They’re highly adjustable reformers, allowing us to perform a lot more exercises than you can on traditional reformers. We do exercises from the front platform as well as the back, using springs in all directions. The Allegro 2 footbars are mobile from front to back, and the shoulder blocks can be used in or out. There is also a tower attached to the end of each reformer to give us even more options of exercises and variations to hit all 600 muscles of the body in every class…sometimes in every move!
HOW EARLY SHOULD I ARRIVE FOR MY FIRST CLASS?
Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes early to get set up on your reformer and purchase grip socks if you don’t have a pair yet (they are required).
Being late or arriving right as the class is starting may result in your not being permitted to take your scheduled class. This policy is to ensure your safety and enjoyment as well as respect the rest of the class, who expects to start on time.
Email us at [email protected]
Call or text us at 402-915-3022
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO THE CORE10 WORKOUT?
Give us 50-minutes 3 times a week, and you will get results.
Some people come as little as 2 times a week and get good results.
Most Core10 members come to 4-5 Core10 classes a week. We recommend at least 1-2 recovery days a week for best results.
WHAT IS YOUR LATE CANCELLATION POLICY?
We have a 12-hour cancellation policy. There are no exceptions. If you have to cancel inside of the 12-hour window, you’ll forfeit the class.
Members with Platinum (unlimited) memberships will incur an additional charge of $15 for a late cancellation and $20 for a no-show.
All cancellations must be made online through the Core10 Pilates app or through your account on our Class Schedule webpage.
Email and text cancellations are not accepted as a late cancellation and may result in a no show.
I’M RUNNING LATE — WILL I LOSE MY SPOT?
It is recommended that you arrive 5 minutes before class so you get your reformer and any equipment needed for the class. . However, we understand that life happens!
In the case that you arrive more than 5 minutes late for class, your spot may be given to a standby client. If you arrive more than 10 minutes after the start time, you will not be allowed entry for your safety and the experience of all clients.
If you arrive late, and we have already given your spot away, you will not be charged for the class.
HOW DO THE WAITLISTS WORK?
Each class on the schedule shows how ma y spots are filled. If it says 8/9, that means there are 8 spots out of 9 filled (and 1 opening for you to book).
If it shows WAITLIST, that means the class is full and you can add yourself to the waitlist. With a 12-hour notice police in effect, people cancel often (outside the 12-hour window of the class) and anyone on the waitlist is automatically moved to the class. You’ll get an email notification of being moved from the waitlist into the class.
How to get on a waitlist:
- Click the word “Waitlist” and add yourself.
- You’ll get an email notification that are on the waitlist.
- Once someone cancels (outside the 12-hour window), you’ll get another email notification that you’ve been moved from the waitlist to the class.
- Once you’ve been moved from the waitlist to the class, you own that spot and the 12-hour cancellation policy now applies to you for that class.
Waitlists are active outside the 12-hour window. If you don’t get into a class you wanted, check the schedule within the 12-hour window for any late openings. You will need to remove yourself from the waitlist first prior to adding yourself to class while inside the 12-hour window.
You are responsible for taking yourself off any waitlists and/or other classes that were booked. Failure to remove yourself from classes results in being charged for both classes as if you attended, no-showed, or late canceled.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING (AND NOT BRING) TO A CORE10 SESSION?
Grip Socks are required for safety and sanitary reasons. These are available for purchase at the studios. Shoes and bare feet are not permitted on the machines.
Bring a hand towel as you will most likely sweat. We have water available for purchase, but you are welcome to bring your own water bottle and fill up with our filtered, cold water that is provided at Core10.
Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Necklaces, in particular, can get caught and break.
No strong perfumes or body products in the studio. Please be courteous to classmates who may have allergies.
We have cubbies (visible in the studio) for your personal belongings, however, it’s a good idea to leave valuables at home. Out of courtesy to your trainer and classmates, cell phones need to be on silent/vibrate only. If you absolutely must be on-call during your Pilates workout, you will be expected to take your phone call outside for any conversations.
CAN I TAKE CORE10 CLASSES IF I’M PREGNANT?
If you were regularly taking Core10 before you got pregnant, you can continue to take classes as long as you feel comfortable and have your doctor’s approval. All of our instructors are trained in pre and postnatal modifications.
If you are new to Core10, we do not advise you to try it for the first time when pregnant. Doctors don’t recommend taking a new workout when pregnant, especially something as core-intensive as Core10.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE PRIVATE PILATES SESSIONS?
It’s best to start with an intro special of 1 private session for $69. As soon as you make your purchase, we will contact you to book the session. Your trainer will help you book more or guide you into the right classes for you. Click HERE to purchase this intro special offer.
If you have chronic pain, a severe medical condition, or recovering from an injury, you must have your doctor’s clearance to begin any new physical activity, such as Core10 Pilates sessions. Core10 group classes are not designed to be post-rehab, and not everyone is physically able to join classes, especially if you’re in chronic pain or have a severe medical condition. You may need to take private sessions until we approve you to join group classes.
INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS
Thanks to our local media weather coverage, we all know when there is a big snowstorm coming. If you reserve a spot, be sure that you can make it. When in doubt, take yourself out (add yourself later when you’re certain you can make it). During storms, we rely on our online reservation system to manage our schedule in advance.
Should a storm prevent trainers from getting to CORE10 studio, or a tornado warning is in effect (this does not apply if it’s a “tornado watch”), we will cancel a class, post it on our website’s Class Schedule page, Facebook, Instagram, and the Core10 Pilates mobile app. We will also notify anyone scheduled in a class that has been canceled. When in doubt, check the online schedule and your email for any class change notifications.
Have a question? Call or text us at 402-915-3022